the Mysteries of John

the Mysteries of John                                                                                               CHAPTER ONE

Divisions 1-40


Translated by A. Alcock

MYSTERIES OF JOHN

1.

These are the mysteries of John the Apostle and Holy Virgin, 

that he was told in truth about, in the peace of God.  Amen.


2.

It happened after the Saviour had risen from the dead that he came to the Mount of Olives. 

3.

He sat down and caused a cloud to envelop all the regions where the apostles were. 

4.

It brought them to the Saviour on the Mount of Olives. 


5.

John answered and said to the Saviour:               (as if in the midst of a conversation)

"My Lord, look, you say to me: 

'You are a beloved one to me and you have found grace before me.' 

6.

Now, my Lord, I want you to take me to Heaven 

and tell me everything that I may know it." 

7.

The Saviour replied and said to him: 

"John, you have asked me in an upright way                                                         the book of Jasher

and I too will not conceal anything from you. 

8.

Arise and let us pray to my blessed Father. 

He will hear us." 


9.

The Saviour then arose with the apostles and said the great blessed prayer.           the Lord's prayer

10.

When he said the "Amen", the heavens moved this way and that 

and opened on their sides up to the 7th Heaven, 

and behold a great Cherubim came forth from Heaven. 

11.

The entire place became light 

and his whole body was full of eyes as he came forth in a thunder of light.              Ezekiel 4:10-12

12.

The apostles then became like the dead. 

They fell to the ground, in fear. 

13.

The Saviour took their hand and helped them up. 

14.

He removed the fear from them and their heart become fortified. 


15.

John answered, "My Lord, tell me the condition5 of the Cherubim, that is very terrible." 

16.

The Lord replied to John, 

"Listen to me and I will tell you everything. 

17.

You see the Cherubim, 

the words of the Father (be) concealed in him from their beginning to their completion. 

18.

Behold, I have caused him to come to you so that he will tell you everything, my beloved John."


19.

The Saviour turned to the Cherubim and said to him, 

"I say to you, take my beloved John to Heaven and tell him everything he asks." 

20.

Thereupon the Cherubim lifted John upon his wings of light and took him to the heavens. 

21.

He arrived at the first gate. 

22.

The gatekeepers opened up to him in uprightness and fear. 

23.

I, John, saw great mysteries in the first Heaven. 

24.

I saw 12 people sitting on 12 thrones inside the first gate in great glory and reverence. 


25.

I said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, who are these people sitting in great decorum." 

26.

The Cherubim said, "You see these 12 men?

27.

These are the Twelves, rulers of the aeons of light, 

each one ruling over his year at a time, 

yet Michael is the one who appoints them so that the Earth brings forth it's fruits." 

28.

(I answered him), "For there is a year where famine is greater than another one."   snappy answers

29.

The Cherubim said to me, "Behold, I have told you what you told me." 


30.

I answered and said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, there is a year when the water is low yet there is abundance. 

31.

There is a year when the water is high yet there is famine."

32.

He answered and said to me, 

"Have you seen the water at the feet of the Father? 

33.

If the Father picks his feet up, the water rises. 

34.

If at the time when God brings the water up and men sin against him, 

he will cause it's (the world's) fruit to be little because of the sins of men. 

35.

Yet at the time when it is a little full and men keep their hands from sinning, 

the Father blesses it (the world) and it's fruit increases through the supplications of Michael. 

36.

If people knew the supplications of Michael at the time when the water was to come upon the Earth, 

they would not sin at all. 

37.

Yet Michael takes 120,000 angels to go to the Father                                                      12 myriads

and they prostrate their bodies before him, 

not rising at all until God sent the waters upon the world." 


38.

I answered and said to the Cherubim, 

"I heard him saying that God created Heaven and Earth 

and also that God created the water from the beginning." 

39.

The Cherubim said to me: 

"Listen and I will tell you everything before God created Heaven and Earth. 

40.

There were waters, and nobody knew the creation of the waters except God alone. 

For this reason the one who swears by the name of the waters falsely, there is no forgiveness for him. 

And the one who swears (falsely) by the seed of wheat, 

it is the same dispensation for the waters of both." 










the Mysteries of John                                                                                              CHAPTER TWO

Divisions 41-75



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

41.

I said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, I wish you to tell me the dispensation of the wheat, 

where it was found originally until it was sown in the ground that people could live on it." 

42.

The Cherubim said to me, 

"Listen and I will tell you everything. 

43.

It happened when God created Adam that he put him in joyful paradise. 

44.

He ordered him thus, "From every tree in paradise you will eat. 

except from the tree of knowing good and evil you will not eat. 

45.

On the day when you eat from it, you will die." 

46.

The devil was envious of him and saw the great glory surrounding him. 

47.

The sun and the moon, the 2 great light-givers, came every day 

to greet Adam before they shone on Earth. 

48.

The Devil went and led Adam astray with his wife                                                        Genesis 2:11

until they were expelled from Paradise and banished to the land of Euilat.       'where there is gold'

49.

His life became of one of care.                                                                    (with the heart of a man)

50.

After all these things he became hungry 

and found no food to eat like that that was eaten daily in paradise. 

51.

He called to the Lord in grief and suffering. 

52.

The Son of Goodness had mercy on him because he had promised him. 

53.

He spoke with his good Father, the  Lord of the angels and the spirits, 

"Look, the man whom we created in our image and likeness is hungry. 

54.

11 I have taken pity on him, my Father. 

55.

If it pleases 12 you, do not let him die before your eyes."

56.

13 The Father of Mercy answered in this way and said to his beloved Son, 

"If you have mercy on the man we created, who abandoned our commandment, 

go and give him your flesh to eat, for you have promised him." 

57.

The Son of Goodness answered and said to his Father, 

"Your word is blessed. 

58.

What you have said I will do." 


59.

The beloved Son went before the good Father. 

60.

He took a little of the divine flesh from his right side, 

rolled it out and brought it to his holy Father. 

61.

His Father said to him, "What is this?" 

62.

He said, "This is my flesh, as you said to me." 

63.

His Father replied, "Yes, my son. 

64.

Wait and I will give to you from my invisible body." 

65.

His Father took from his body and added it to a grain of wheat. 

66.

He brought forth the seal of light and sealed the aeons of light with it 

and sealed the grain of wheat into its midst. 

67.

He said to his beloved son, 

"Take this and give it to Michael the Archangel so that he may give it to Adam 

and tell him to live on it with his children 

and instruct him in sowing and reaping it." 

68.

Yet Jesus called Michael and said to him, 

"Give this to Adam that he may live on it with all his children." 

69.

Michael came to Adam on the Jordan, it being the 8th day 

and he had not eaten, calling out to the Lord (in prayer). 

70.

Michael said to him, "Peace be upon you. 

71.

The Lord has heard your prayer. 

72.

He has sent you sowing seed." 

73.

When Adam heard this from Michael, his body became strong. 

74.

He came up out of the water and prostrated at the feet of Michael, 

who gave him the sealed seed and taught him how to sow and reap it 

before going back to heaven in glory. 

75.

The water and the wheat and the seed and the throne of the Father, 

this is the only ordinance that they have 

and they are equal with the Son of God." 



the Mysteries of John                                                                                           CHAPTER THREE

Divisions 76-100



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

76.

I, John, saw and rejoiced when I heard this. 

77.

It happened after these thing that the Cherubim lifted me on his wings 

and took me to the midst of the 7th heaven. 

78.

I saw great wonders in that place. 

79.

I saw all the ranks of the angels. 

80.

The first rank of the Seraphim, with gold censers, 

were the ones who were concealed from the Father, saying: "Allelujah." 

81.

The second rank, with vials of gold in their hand, full of dew, scattering them on the fields. 

82.

Michael was the great one over them assigning each to his task. 


83.

Another miracle I saw, I John, when I saw the angels drawn up in their ranks, 

I found the name of Michael written on all their garments, they saying it aloud all the time. 

84.

I answered and said to the Cherubim, 

"How is the name of Michael written on all their garments and they say it aloud?"

85.

The Cherubim replied and said to me, 

"No angel comes down to Earth unless Michael is written on his garments 

because of the devil, lest he lead them astray." 


86.

After these things I saw a great spring of water as white as snow so that I said, 

"Its water is milk." 

87.

An angel was standing upon it, it's wings dipped in the water. 

88.

The area around the spring had trees laden with many varieties of fruit growing in it. 

89.

This spring was like the sea, 

and every tree on it being of a single branch to their completion. 


90.

Another miracle I saw, I John, I saw the root of the trees. 

91.

I saw it. 

It sends water to the spring. 

92.

I said to the Cherubim, 

"Lord, tell me the arrangement of the spring which is as white as this, 

that the angel is standing on." 

93.

The Cherubim said, "It is this that pours dew upon the Earth." 

94.

I said to him, "How is this angel standing upon it, 

his wings dipped in the water all the time ?" 

95.

He said to me, "You have seen this angel. 

96.

It is his job, whenever the trumpet sounds, to arise and move his wings full of dew 

and cast it to the heavens 

and the heavens open up on their side and dew falls upon Earth." 

97.

I said to the Cherubim, "How will these 7 heavens open up on their side 

so that the dew pours down on the world?" 

98.

The Cherubim answered, "Listen and I will tell you everything. 

99.

There are 7 trumpets for the dew that sound before the dew comes upon the Earth. 

100.

If the 1st trumpet sounds with the 2nd until the 7th, 

the dew follows the thunder from one heaven to another. 



the Mysteries of John                                                                                              CHAPTER FOUR

Divisions 101-125



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

101.

The 7th trumpet is that of Michael. 

102.

When Michael sounds his trumpet, the dew comes 

and all the archons remove themselves until it falls upon the Earth and all the fruits increase." 

103.

While I was in wonder, I saw another angel coming from the heavens in anger. 

104.

He stood upon the spring full of dew. 

105.

He wept. 

106.

His eyes flowed with blood down upon the spring full of dew. 

107.

He was full of anger against the whole of humanity. 

108.

The entire place trembled at his standing. 

109.

The heavens opened from this side to that. 

110.

I saw a big strong angel coming from the heaven called Michael. 

111.

He was wearing a golden belt around his thighs, (with) a sponge in his hand. 

112.

He wiped away all the tears of the angels of anger. 

113.

He pushed against one, saying, 

"Move away from the spring, angel of anger, you who wish to bring famine to the Earth." 

114.

I said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, show me the ordinance of the angel of anger, 

whose eyes pour blood on to the spring." 

115.

He said to me, "Do you see the angel of anger? 

116.

He is the angel of famine. 

117.

If Michael had allowed him to wipe away his tears 

and allowed them to go down to the spring and mingle with the dew that comes down, 

there would be dust and red earth and the land would become waste." 

118.

He said to me: "40 legions consisting of 10,000 per legion were singing hymns before the dew 

until it came down upon the Earth, there being no blemish in it. 

119.

After these things he took me Eden. 

120.

He put me on his wings of light 

and took me to the places of the sunrise by the spring that gives water to its 4 rivers, 

the Phison, Tigris, Geôn, and Euphrates.             Genesis 2:10

121.

I saw joyful paradise full of every tree with every type of fruit. 

122.

I said to the Cherubim, "My Lord, I want for you to tell me of the tree that Adam ate from 

and became naked until God became angry with him."

123.

The Cherubim answered and said to me, "You have asked about great mysteries. 

124.

I will conceal nothing from you. 

125.

Now, stand up and follow me 

and I will tell you about the tree Adam ate from. 



the Mysteries of John                                                                                               CHAPTER FIVE

Divisions 126-65



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

126.

I stood up and followed him. 

127.

I came into Paradise and saw the tree in the middle of Paradise, 

without fruit and growing only thorns, dug down very deep. 


128.

I answered and said to the Cherubim,

"Tell me about the fate of this tree without fruit and growing with thorns." 

129.

He said to me, "This is the tree Adam ate from and became naked." 


130.

I said to him, "There is no fruit on it. 

131.

Where did he find anything to eat." 

132.

He said to me, "There was a kind of fruit, for it was not fruitless." 

133.

I said to him, "What type of fruit was it?" 

134.

He said, "Apple." 


135.

I said to the Cherubim, "Was it totally fruitless from the beginning?" 

136.

He said to me, "This is the destiny imposed on it by God from the beginning." 

137.

While I was still in wonder at this, I saw Adam approaching from far away like a man grieving. 

138.

He stretched out his garment and picked up leaves from under the tree. 

139.

He cut the earth and buried them. 

140.

I said to the Cherubim, "How did Adam spread his garment 

and put in it the dried leaves fallen from the tree and dig the earth and bury them?" 

141.

The Cherubim said, "When the Devil went into paradise and deceived Adam and his wife Eve, 

the trees were fragrant.

142.

Their leaves fell to the ground. 

143.

Adam wore the leaves so that they would be a witness for him 

in the judgement about what he had done." 

144.

I said to the Cherubim, "My Lord, how did the Devil enter Paradise and deceive Adam. 

145.

If this ordinance is not from God, would he go in? 

146.

Nothing happens without God." 

147.

The Cherubim said to me, "There are 24 angels assigned to Paradise daily.

148.

12 enter daily and worship God. 

149.

When the Devil came and deceived Adam, there was no angel in paradise. 

150.

There was an agreement until Adam ate from the tree." 

151.

I said to him, "If this dispensation was from God, Adam committed no sin." 

152.

He said, "No, if Adam had been a little more patient, 

God would have told him to eat from the tree. 

153.

God took the righteousness that was upon Adam 

and expelled him from paradise so that what he said would be fulfilled 

and so that he would send his son to Earth." 


154.

I said to him, "My Lord, what was the righteousness that was clothing Adam 

that had been taken from him?" 

155.

He said to me, "On the day when God created Adam he was 12 cubits tall 

156.

and 6 cubits wide and 3 cubits thick, like a stone of alabaster, without any blemish in it. 

157.

After he had eaten from the tree, his body became weak and small. 

158.

Righteousness, that had been with him, left him, 

even to the tips of his fingers, that are his nails. 

159.

Does he not become cold in winter and faint in the summer?" 




160.

I answered and said to the Cherubim, 

"At the time when God created Adam, did he also create Eve with him, or not? 

161.

For I have heard that God created Adam and Eve from the beginning." 

162.

And again I hear that God brought sleep to Adam. 

163.

While he slept, God took one of his ribs and made it into a woman 

and filled its place with flesh. 

164.

Did not the Demiurge therefore create 2 bodies, they being a single body?" 

165.

The Cherubim answered and said to me, "Listen to me and I will tell you everything. 



the Mysteries of John                                                                                                  CHAPTER SIX

Divisions 166-195



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

166.

At the time when God created Adam, he also created Eve. 

167.

For at the time when the Lord worked on Adam, the thought of Eve was also with him. 

168.

For this reason the 2 bodies came forth from a single body, 

yet he did not separate them from each other at the time. 

169.

When God brought sleep upon him, he lay down and slept. 

170.

God brought Eve from him and she became a wife for him, 

for she was concealed in his left thigh from the day when God created him." 


171.

I said to him, "My Lord, what is the sign that is in the children of Adam?" 

172.

The Cherubim said to me, "When the frost comes upon Earth, 

the first parts of man's body to become cold are the nails. 

Because when God stripped Adam of the righteousness that clothed him, 

his nails were the first to become cold. 

173.

He wept to the Lord, 'Woe to me, my Lord, 

for the time when I kept the commandments before I ate from the tree, 

my whole body became white like my nail.' 

174.

Thus, every time Adam looks at his nails he weeps and mourns like Hezekiah 

who, when he was ill, looked at the wall and wept. 


175.

[I said to the Cherubim], "Why did he not look at people and weep ?" 

176.

The Cherubim said, "I will reveal all to you, faithful virgin. 

177.

It happened at the time of Solomon the king that he compelled all the demons to tell him

the type of medicine and herb that they gave to the sick to be cured. 

178.

Solomon wrote them all down on the wall of the house of God. 

179.

Every person who was ill with any illness went to the Temple, looks on the wall, 

found the remedy for the illness written on the wall, 

took it and went home, giving glory to God. 

180.

It happened when Solomon the king died that Hezekiah plastered the walls of the Temple, 

and the remedies could no longer be found. 

181.

Hezekiah, when he became paralysed, did not find the remedy to cure his illness. 

182.

Since it was he who had plastered the walls of the Temple where the remedies were written, 

he did not find them. 

183.

He went into the house of the Lord, lay down, looked at the wall and wept, saying, 

"Lord, there is no sin I have committed. 

184.

I plastered the walls on which the remedies were written, 

thinking that if they begged God with hope, they would be cured. 

185.

Otherwise I would find the remedy and be cured." 

186.

The Lord heard and had mercy on him. 

He sent his prophet Isaiah to him. 

187.

He spoke to him and said, "Take a piece of fig and smear your with it and you will be healed. 

188.

Now then, John, the one who serves God is not abandoned by God." 


189.

Once again I said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, I wish you to tell me about the matter of the Cherubim, 

when their voice sounds in heaven and men tremble on earth. " 

190.

The Cherubim said to me, 

"Do you see these great winds enclosed in their storehouses, the angels on them? 

191.

When the trumpet sounds within the veil, the winds that are weak come forth, 

upon the wings of the angel who is on the source of the dew, 

the angel moves his wings, the dew comes upon Earth 

and the plants of the earth, the trees, the fields and the fruits increase.        

192.

If the trumpet does not sound, a harsh voice comes forth from heaven 

and the plentiful dew comes upon the Earth and causes the fruits to increase 

with the dew water together with the thunders that people are afraid of. 

193.

For the sound of the wings of the Seraphim guides the rainwater 

until it reaches the firmament and falls gently upon the Earth 

lest it come hard and make the earth a wasteland, 

like the waters of Noah, there not having been any thunder in it.        

194.

Since the Seraphim did not come down and guide the rainwater, 

because all the waters were from the heaven of heavens. 

195.

Behold, I have revealed all the mysteries to you." 



the Mysteries of John                                                                                           CHAPTER SEVEN

Divisions 196-230



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

196.

I answered and said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, I wish you to tell me what supports the Heaven suspended in this way." 

197.

He said to me, "It is suspended in faith and ordinance of God." 


198.

I said to him, "What supports the Earth?" 

199.

He said to me, "4 pillars support the Earth sealed with 7 seals." 

200.

I said to him, "My Lord, do not be angry with me yet, 

(until later, for) I want to ask you something else. 

201.

Tell me what supports these 4 pillars." 

202.

He said to me, "The one who made them knows their work." 


203.

I said to him, My Lord, what is the ordinance of the hours of day and night?" 

204.

He said to me, "Listen and I will tell you. 

205.

God put 12 Cherubim standing outside the veil tirelessly singing hymns daily. 

206.

When the 1st one finishes his hymn, the 1st hour is complete. 

When the 2nd finishes his hymn, the 2nd hour is complete. 

When the 12th one finishes his hymn, the 12th hour is complete." 


207.

I said to him, "Are the Seraphim appointed over the 12 hours of the night or not?" 

208.

He said to me, "No. 

209.

The beasts and the birds and the reptiles, 

when they offer their prayer, the first hour is complete. 

210.

When the 2nd hour is complete the beasts give their voices until the 12th hour of the night. 

211.

The creatures of God are the ones set over them." 


212.

I said to the Cherubim, "How does the sun know that the 12 hours are complete 

to go to his place of setting and come up." 

213.

He said to me, "The angels who sound the trumpets, when they finish, 

Michael knows that the 12th hymn is complete 

and speaks to the angel of the sun that he might go and complete his office." 


214.

I answered and said to the Cherubim, 

"My Lord, is God the one who gives orders to Man from the time he was in his mother"s womb 

or not?" 

215.

He said to me, "God knows how much meddling 

and how much goodness Man does from his birth to his death. 

216.

Since gives a sign to the just before he is born, 

it is not possible for anything to happen without God. 

217.

Sin is alien to God. 

Moreover, he created man sinless. 

218.

It is man who sins of his own will and the desire of the devil." 


219.

I said to the Cherubim, 

"Is Man born to tribulation, as Job said, 'My mother bore me to tribulation.'"                       Job 5:7

220.

He said to me, "God is merciful. 

221.

He does not abandon anyone, 

yet has mercy on him for he is the likeness and image of God and his handiwork. 

222.

Now then, John, the one who does the will of God is not abandoned by him. 

223.

The one who does good things will receive them many times over in the house of God." 


224.

I said to him, "My Lord, when God creates man, 

does he give a name to him of just man and sinner, or not?" 


225.

He said to me, "Listen and I will tell you. 

226.

When God creates man, before he is placed in the womb of his mother, 

he calls all the angels to come and stand nearby. 

227.

The Father blesses the soul and the angels respond, "Amen". 

228.

When the word comes forth from his mouth that the soul will please him, the angels respond, "Amen". 

229.

If he says that the soul will commit lawless acts, the angels say, "Amen. 

230.

What comes forth from the mouth of the Father is." 



the Mysteries of John                                                                                            CHAPTER EIGHT

Divisions 231-260



MYSTERIES OF JOHN

231.

I said to him, "My Lord, the clay of man is one thing, the clay of beasts another." 

232.

He said to me, "Yes, when people die, each one will be taken to the place he deserves. 

233.

Yet the beasts, whether they die or live, their place is the Earth." 


234.

I said to him, "Do they have a soul?" 

235.

He said to me, "All creatures have a soul. 

236.

The soul of every creature is its blood."     


237.

I said to him, "Will they be punished or will they find rest?"

238.

He said to me, "God forbid!               

239.

They will not be given rest or tribulation. 

240.

It is Mankind who will be given rest or tribulation." 

241.

It happened that when I heard all this, 

I was full of wonder at the things of God that he does with human beings. 


242.

I said to him, "Do not be angry with me that I ask you something else. 

243.

I want you to tell me about the stars that we see in the firmament. 

244.

When the sun rises, we stop seeing them. 

245.

I want you to tell me where they go until the time of their service." 


246.

He said to me, "The stars are arranged in ranks. 

247.

There is a star that remains in the sky until the time of evening, 

yet is not seen because of the light of the sun.  

248.

There are 7 stars that come from the North of the cosmos, 

for they are in the sky all the time. 

249.

There are 7 stars in the sky called "gods".                                                                  the Big Dipper


250.

They are not allowed to come out of their cells except when death comes upon the Earth." 


251.

I said to him, "My Lord, why is one star different from another? 

252.

Why does one star move from its original position?" 

253.

The Cherubim said to me, "Listen and I will tell you everything. 

254.

There are many ranks of stars that move from their original position. 

Yet the dispensation of God remains forever. 

255.

Look, I have revealed all to you, beloved of God. 

256.

Arise and go back to Earth and say all the things you have seen." 


257.

At that moment he brought me to the Mount of Olives. 

258.

I found the apostles gathered together. 

(and) I told them what I had seen and we greeted each other. 

259.

Each one went back home, giving glory to God. 

260.

They preached the name of Christ, 

from where there is glory to him, his good Father, and the Holy Spirit, forever.  Amen.

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario